I’m taking a Women’s Health class which I am enjoying and learning so much from it. I wanted to share this hand out I was given by my professor. All of the self steps are very important, but my favorites are 1, 2, 4, 7, and 10. Self tip 1, I always try to stay as positive about myself. If you go negative then it will be negative, Emphasize the positive in you. Self tip 2, I always remind myself what makes me feel great, wether it was something nice I did for someone, I liked how I looked a certain day etc. I always remind myself of nice compliments I was given by people. It keeps me feeling great! Self tip 4, I do believe if you set your goals you do have to work hard for them. If you really want something in life its not impossible, if you put the hard work, you can make it happen, and no one or nothing can stop you. Self tip 7, You have to stand up for your beliefs, if you don’t speak out on what you believe in then you don’t have any respect for your self. I speak my mind and if its something I highly believe in, it doesn’t matter who I’m talking to, what matters is I respected myself, my feelings, and said what I truly believe in. Self tip 8, I love sharing and helping people, or just giving a nice warm smile. It always feels good inside to know I helped someone and made a difference in there day. People might not remember your name or what you do, but they will always remember how you made them feel. Self tip 10, Is my all time favorite. I always try to look my best, even when I work out, because it makes me feel good inside and out, It makes me feel, look, and be my best and there is not one thing wrong with that!
1. Know yourself - Look at yourself in the mirror and describe yourself out loud. Be realistic, yet be positive.
2. Understand what makes you feel great- Note the times during the day when you feel great about yourself. Recall these these times when you are alone to give yourself a boost.
3. Recognize the things that get you down- An occasional bad experiance can make you feel bad, but don’t let it take over your life. A way to take over these feelings is to look at the causes. Where can you take action?
4. Set goals to achieve what you want- people who succeed set goals and work hard toward them. Don’t defer your dreams. Turn them into goals and actions steps
5. Develope trusting friendships that make you feel good- Friends are very important in your life. Form friendships that are mutually rewarding.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask for help- Despite all your best efforts, there may be times when you need the help of someone with more experience or authority. This can be a parent, relative, teacher, school counselor, coach or clergy person.
7. Stand up for your beliefs and values- One of the most difficult things you will ever do is speak up for your believes and values. You will like your self better if you are true to what you believe.
8. Help someone else- Whether you’re feeling up or down, helping someone else is a rewarding experience.
9. Take responsibility for your own actions- It’s easy to find an alibi for everything that goes wrong, but you will like yourself better when you acknowledge that you are in charge of yourself.
10. Look your best each day to show you care- Some people say the way you look isn’t important. It certainly doesn’t make you a good or bad person, but how others perceive or appearance affects us on the inside too. Some people find that when they face a difficult day, it makes a difference to look their best.
Love yourself and make yourself a priority,